IN AUSTRALIA OUR CURRENCY IS AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS (AUD).
We also generally accept American Express, Bankcard, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa, JCB and their affiliates.
Currency exchange is available at banks, hotels and international airports. Australia has a goods and services tax on purchases (10%) but you may claim this and the Wine Equalisation Tax when departing our shores.
King’s Currency, with locations in central Surfers Paradise, Pacific Fair and Australia Fair, provide many of the hotels Currency Exchange services and also offer one on one service through their individual exchanges.
The Gold Coast averages 245 days of fine and sunny weather each year, and those rainy-day exceptions typically fall in the summer period (December - February).
INTELEC 2017 falls in the Spring months. Spring (September - November) on the Gold Coast offers sunny days followed by mild tropical evenings. September can sometimes be windy, making it great for sports such as kite-surfing, kite-boarding, windsurfing and sailing. The temperatures fall between 15-25°C (59-77°F).
Some quick tips from the locals:
- You can get sunburnt even on cloudy days. Wear sun protection all year round, a broad brimmed hat, shirt with collar and sleeves and maximum sun screen to exposed skin.
- Gentlemen may need a jacket when fine dining, or enjoying a sophisticated evening at a club or restaurant.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes in national parks and farms.
- Pack swimwear all year round - Spring offers pleasantly warm weather during the day.
Take advantage of our many beaches but always remember to follow basic surf and water safety. Always swim or surf at patrolled beaches between the red and yellow flags which mark the safest area for swimming. For further information on swimming and surf safety, as well as detailed information about all of the beaches on the Gold Coast, visit the BeachSafe website.
The standard emergency number in Australia is 000 which will direct you to an operator tasked with coordinating police, ambulance and firefighter services.
All travellers to Australia should consider health insurance. Have a look at the Australian Medicare site (www.medicareaustralia.gov.au) to see if we have a reciprocal health care agreement with your country.
- Key Dates
- Close of earlybird 18 August 2017
- Final Paper Submission18 August 2017
- Accommodation booking deadline8 September 2017
- 9am - Tutorials and Welcome reception 22 October 2017
- Main stream conference 23 - 26 October 2017
- Conference closes at 4:30pm26 October 2017
- INTELEC© 201722-26 October 2017