Posters are an important part of a technical conference like INTELEC. They are an alternative to oral presentations to convey the technical messages of papers accepted into the Conference Proceedings.
For INTELEC 2017, posters are to be on displayed for the duration of Conference, and conference attendees will have the opportunity to absorb the purpose of the work, key information and findings. During specifically nominated Poster sessions times, the authors of the work are to be available at the Poster to discuss and take questions about the work. To increase the opportunity for authors to present their work, there are two (2) two Poster Presentation session times at INTELEC 2017:-
Tuesday, 24 Oct 2017 10-45am- 12 noon
Wednesday, 25 Oct 2017 10-45am- 12 noon
Presenters are expected to be available to discuss their poster during BOTH these times.
Poster Display Boards
- Posters will be presented on pin-up Poster Display Boards
- The Display Boards will have a pre-printed Poster Number
- The Poster Number is listed against the Poster Title and Authors in the Conference Program.
- Presenters of Posters are to check their Poster Number and obtain Velcro dots to fix the poster to the Display board from the Conference Secretariat at the Registration Desk.
- Presenters can prepare their Poster Board anytime during the afternoon of Monday, 23 Oct. There will be no opportunity to prepare your Display Board after 10am, Tuesday 24 Oct 2017.
- Poster are to prepared at the A0 size (841 mm X 1189 mm or 33.1 in X 46.8 in).
- Posters must be prepared and mounted in portrait orientation
- The layout and visual appearance of the poster is entirely up to the authors. However, please consider the following aspects when designing your poster: -
- Your poster must reflect the subject matter and material of the accepted full paper which will appear in the Conference Proceedings
- Your poster must have: Paper Title, Authors (s) and affiliations.
- Title and Authors MUST be the same as those of the accepted full paper.
- Your poster should include a
- A central message (Summary in 25 words or less).
- An Introduction, establishing the purpose of the work and any central hypothesis,
- A body of information conveying method of investigation, key experimental data, and discussion of results,
- A summary statement of findings (again 25 words or less) V. Any Acknowledgments and References.
- The most effective posters use
- Minimal text
- Clear and simple language (avoid excessive use of jargon and acronyms)
- Diagrams, images and graphs
- A matt finish on photographs reduces glare and provides better visibility A sensible use of font sizes to assist readability.
- Poster titles should be a minimum size of 45 pt
- Headings should be a minimum size of 30 pt
- Text should be a minimum size of 20 pt (readable from a distance of 2 metres)
- Avoid making the text all capitals as this makes it harder for the audience to read
- Avoid using a mixture of font styles
- Posters will be inspected for commercialism. Posters with overt commercialism will be withdrawn from presentation.
- Key Dates
- Close of earlybird 18 August 2017
- Final Paper Submission18 August 2017
- Accommodation booking deadline18 September 2017
- 9am - Tutorials and Welcome reception 22 October 2017
- Main stream conference 23 - 26 October 2017
- Conference closes at 4:30pm26 October 2017
- INTELEC© 201722-26 October 2017